Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Ahhh fall is here in New England. Halloween is quickly becoming my favorite holiday, as I can create ridiculous props, costumes, and party accessories. I just made a 6 foot dollar bill to be George Washington. The summer art camp in Monson I directed was such a success, Vanessa LaCroix and I decided to host a Halloween Craft Day for kids. It is coming up on October 19th from 12-4, for kids ages 8-12, cost is $30, at the Monson House of Art at 200 Main Street. We are going to have an awesome day of crafting and playing with costume and make up. The Monson Arts Council, which I am a member of, has been instrumental in providing space and marketing for such events. We plan to have a Holiday Craft Day for kids, where kids can make gifts to give family members. The Monson Girl Scouts annual haunted house will be at the Monson House of Art, 200 Main Street, on October 24 and 25 from 6:30-9, $4 or $3 with an open pantry donation. This years theme is a Haunted Dollhouse. Monson Arts Council and Greene Room Productions, the local theater, have stepped up to help out the girl scouts with brain storming ideas and having a very spooky event this year. I was also just invited to be an audition judge in the spring for the annual Talent Show in Monson. There are cash prizes for the winners and we would like to see a wide variety of talent, so come on down and show me what you're working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment