Monday, July 29, 2013

Monson Fest Painting

On July 20th my dear friend Kevin Pelissier threw his annual Monson Fest party, where family and friends fill the backyard for a camp out day and night of festivities. There are always awesome bands with a lit up stage, tents in the yard, a fire in back, an in ground pool with glow sticks floating in it. A giant slip and slide is rolled out down the hill with detergent all over it and a hose. Basically, a super fun time. This year I conquered my fear of the slip and slide and mastered it, with minimal scrapes and a sore rib cage. My contribution to Monson Fest this year was to sketch out a painting for everyone to work on. From previous years I imagined what it would look like, standing on the deck and looking down to the pool and yard. I drew it out in pencil and painting a few things in. I was at work all day, and was happy that people added to it by filling in and adding creatures. I have it in the studio to finish it up so Kevin's dad Kevin Senior can hang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment